Our History...

F.M. Jones and his wife Frances (Mimi) started the business in our current building in Andalusia, Alabama, in 1956. F.M. drove a “retired” Lance truck selling candy, gum, and snacks throughout the South Alabama countryside.

After college, sons Larry, Mike, and Ricky joined the business and formalized internal office and accounting procedures and streamlined the purchasing and warehouse operations. It was during this time, the 60’s and 70’s, that the Company grew to a full-line supplier for convenience stores.

Continued growth and cutting-edge technology became the primary focus of the 80’s and 90’s, with F.M. and Frances (Mimi) easing into retirement, naming sons Mike Jones, President; Ricky Jones, Vice-President; and grandson Billy Jones, Director of Purchasing and Computer Operations.

Today...

This dynamic, family-owned company has expanded the original building to 52,000 square feet, maintains a fleet of 14 trucks, employs 75 employees servicing over 700 stores, and has annual sales of more than $120 million.

While promoting teamwork and personal growth among our staff, we at ADC listen to our customers and continually strive to meet their needs, as well as stay on top of the ever-challenging and changing standards within the industry as a whole.

 

 

 
"Committed to communicating industry trends in these
ever-changing times."

 
— Mike Jones, President, ADC
history photos